This is normal for a fresh installation.
To enable the requirement to login you need to enable security.
Goto <yourserver>/configure
then tick the checkbox for "Enable security"
then select the "Security Realm" and "Authorization" that you require. see
the wiki for details on these.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Securing+Jenkins

Chris