Hello,
I am trying to make Jenkins and Coverity Static Analysis work together for
projects in C/C++. I have a Jenkins Master on an Ubuntu 12.04 and a Jenkins
Slave and Coverity both on the same Debian Lenny. My version of Jenkins is
the 1.466.1. The builds ont Jenkins are triggered by Gerrit: when a change
is pushed on a project, the Jenkins master tells the slave to download the
sources and build the project. This part alone works fine. I also managed
to make Coverity SA work on its own: the tools cov-build, cov-analyze and
cov-commit-defects are working.
Now, I want to integrate Coverity with Jenkins: I installed the latest
version of *this
plugin*<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Coverity+Plugin>.
In the configuration of my project on Jenkins, I added a Coverity
post-build action, specified an Coverity Integrity Manager Instance, a
coverity project and stream. I want Jenkins to perform a Coverity build,
analysis and commit. According to the help window of this option, "Jenkins
will automatically monitor the build using cov-build, then invoke
cov-analyze and cov-commit-defects". Then, when a build is triggered,
Jenkins successfully connect to the slave who downloads and builds the
project, but the cov-analyze is launched and it fails because of the
absence of intermediate directory. As I understand it, cov-build is never
launched and does not "monitor the build", therefore the intermediate
directory needed for the analysis is never created.

Here is log of one of my failed builds:

Triggered by Gerrit: http://gerrit.server1/22
Building remotely on Jenkins Coverity in workspace
/home/coverity/workspace/HelloWorldC
Checkout:HelloWorldC / /home/coverity/workspace/HelloWorldC -
hudson.remoting.Channel@785b38d6:Jenkins Coverity
Using strategy: Gerrit Trigger
Last Built Revision: Revision 5540c6e5802a75d0ba0ccb3463deed2a7bca9424
(master)
Fetching changes from 1 remote Git repository
Fetching upstream changes from ssh://jenkins@server1:29418/HelloWorldC.git
Commencing build of Revision 5540c6e5802a75d0ba0ccb3463deed2a7bca9424
(master)
Checking out Revision 5540c6e5802a75d0ba0ccb3463deed2a7bca9424 (master)
[Coverity] cmd so far is: [cov-analyze, --dir,
/home/coverity/coverity/temp-550893439800959750.tmp]
[HelloWorldC] $ cov-analyze --dir
/home/coverity/coverity/temp-550893439800959750.tmp
[ERROR] This script reads input from the Intermediate directory, and the
specified directory
/home/coverity/coverity/temp-550893439800959750.tmp/c/emit does not exist.
Please read the documentation to determine the appropriate ordering in
which to run the Coverity Prevent commands.
[Coverity] cov-analyze returned 1, aborting...
[Coverity] deleting intermediate directory
Build step 'Coverity' changed build result to FAILURE
Build step 'Coverity' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

Does someone have a similar setup? What am i doing wrong?

Thank you for your help