I am observing the same behavior, and makes any version of Jenkins above
1.480 unusable for us.  An job listed as an upstream dependency will kick
off about 50+ builds upon completion, even though there is no actual
dependency between the projects.

Is this a known issue?  Or am I missing some way of configuring this
behavior?

~ kc