I've installed the XCode plugin, however none of its options are appearing
in the configure page.

The XCode plugin user page says: "Just install the latest version of the
plugin from the update center and configure a freestyle job (see Usage
Guide<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Xcode+Plugin#XcodePlugin-UsageGuide>)

that will use your OSX node (If your central instance isn't running under
OSX)."

I'm a newby to Jenkins and don't understand what this bit means: "...that
will use your OSX node".

There already is a node, called master which is already tied to my job. Can
I use this existing node? If so why are no XCode specific things appear in
the configure page?

If I have to create a new node then how should it differ from the existing
master node in order to permit me to use the XCode plugin?

(My build machine is an OS X)