From: Tomas Westling <tomas.westl...@sonymobile.com>
To: jenkinsci-dev <jenkinsci-...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: jenkinsci-users <jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com>; robert.sandell
<robert.sand...@sonymobile.com>; tomas.westling
<tomas.westl...@sonymobile.com>; jhoomsharabi <jhoomshar...@netscape.net>
Sent: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 12:03 pm
Subject: Re: Build failure analyzer pattern issue

Hello Jhoom,

the build failure analyzer uses Matcher.matches() to see if a regular
expression matches its target.
The reason for this is performance, we used find() earlier but we saw very long
scan times.
This means that you have to match the entire line, not just something that
exists in the line, e.g.
.*Cannot find parent.*

This would match for "Cannot find parent" anywhere in a line.

Br Tomas Westling
Sony Mobile Communications AB