Could you split your build into two parts, running the part which involves
Linux components on a Linux machine, and the part which requires MSBuild (and
Windows) on your Windows machine, with one of those jobs publishing its build
results as an artifact which the next build takes and includes in the build?

The artifact should be transmitted in binary and would not require that you
perform any line transformations.

Mark Waite