On Friday, 3 May 2013, Jonathan Rogers wrote:

> Stephen Connolly wrote:
> >

> > On Thursday, 2 May 2013, JonathanRRogers wrote:
> >
> >     On Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:50:44 PM UTC-4, LesMikesell wrote:
> >
> >         On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Kevin Fleming (BLOOMBERG/ 731
> >         LEXIN)
> >         <kpfl...@bloomberg.net <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >         > This change would not have been in the Jenkins changelog,
> >         because it wasn't
> >         > technically a Jenkins change. It's a change in the SSH
> >         Slaves plugin.
> >
> >         Shouldn't something note when the things distributed with the
> >         core
> >         package change in ways that affect behavior?   Or are all users
> >         supposed to know the internal workflow across all the plugins?
> >

> >     I'm glad I came across this thread while I'm still on version
> >     0.22. I'll make sure not to upgrade to a version which breaks
> >     things so fundamentally.
> >

> > 0.23 and 0.24 have a race condition where there is a 10-15% chance
> > that you will loose your credentials after rebooting the first time
> > post installation.
> >
> > 0.25 should be fine.
> >

> Are you saying that upgrading from 0.22 to 0.25 is transparent?

Should be... The plugin will pickup your credentials from your slave
configuration and add them to the credentials store, consolidating where
that makes sense. IOW the upgrade should result in everything still working
as before

If it doesn't then that's a bug, but nobody has alerted me to issues with
that upgrade path.

> -- Jonathan Rogers

Sent from my phone