I'm not using post commit hooks... But those would probably work well for
your situation. For us we don't build on every commit currently. But if you
take a look at the remote api you can probably make it work that way pretty
easily.

You can use cURL to trigger it here's one of our urls to trigger a build
with parameters:

http://buildserver:8080/job/buildServer/buildWithParameters?delay=0sec&server_git_branch=featureBranch

Ben