On Monday, May 20, 2013 5:44:48 PM UTC-4, Bob Bick wrote:

> We have many Jenkins jobs defined that were copied from a “template”
> Jenkins job. Now, I discovered that I’d like to add a new build step to
> most (not all) of the jobs.

 I used the Job DSL plugin for a while but that turned out to be less
flexible than I needed. Now, I use Python scripts which use the jenkinsapi
library to grab a template job's config, replace the necessary parts, and
create or update target jobs with the modified config. The excellent lxml
library makes it easy to modify the XML document of the config.