>From my experience, and from what I think I've read somewhere (didn't check
the code), Jenkins will indeed try to launch the build on the last slave if
it's available for obvious reasons.

So, I suppose your slave was unavailable or busy (did you double-check the
builds that ran on it?) (see in the UI, you can see builds by slave). As
for potential unavailability, I don't remember but I suppose something
might be logged either in the server logs or in the audit trail (through
the UI).

My 2 cents.

2013/9/6 Dirk Heinrichs <d...@recommind.com>

> Hi,
>
> yesterday Jenkins executed two subsequent builds of the same job on
> different slaves, although the slave which ran the first build was idle
> when the second build started. Doesn't Jenkins try to execute the next
> build on the same slave if possible? If yes: How do I find out why this
> happend? Does Jenkins log this somewhere?
>
> Thanks...
>
>     Dirk
> --
>
> *Dirk Heinrichs*, Senior Systems Engineer, Infrastructure
> *Recommind GmbH*, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach
> *Tel*: +49 2226 1596666 1149
> *Email*: d...@recommind.com <mailto:d...@recommind.com>
> *Skype*: dirk.heinrichs.recommind
> www.recommind.com <http://www.recommind.com>