Nicolas DeLoof just posted a hint that the issue may be related to the
change in the default state of "fast remote polling".  Fast remote polling
allows the master Jenkins instance to check for changes on a git
repository, without cloning that git repository.  That technique makes
commit detection much lighter and faster.  However, that technique cannot
process inclusion and exclusion conditions.

If you have not already downgraded your Git plugin, you might try adding
the Advanced Behavior, "Force polling using workspace".

Mark Waite