AFAIK if you configure the post-commit hook together with jenkins,
you must activate "poll SCM" anyway, else it won't start the build.
I followed instructions here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Subversion+Plugin

What i want to avoid is the checkout/update of repo into my workspace on
new commit since it is overkill on my jenkins master...