Loads of people use their internet browser wrong... They rely on the home
page being google or bing and they *type the URL into the search box*

Madness I know... More crazy is the people who type google.com into the
bing search box, click enter, and then type the URL into the "search" box
on the google search box... I recommend running away from those people as
fast as your legs will carry you.

Slightly less nuts... But still showing the deficiencies if the UI...

My wife will type google.com into the address bar and then type in her
search... Despite my repeated observation that she could just type in the
search terms into the location bar... I am still risking life and limb
pointing that one out... But I have hope!

On Thursday, 30 January 2014, Edwin Castro <0ptikgh...@gmx.us> wrote:

> On 1/29/14, 8:41 PM, Ed Jesus Preposterous wrote:
> > I use both Firefox and Google Chrome, and whenever I try to use google
> > or youtube, the page redirects automatically to some Jenkins login page!
> > I don't have a Jenkins account, or whatever credentials it's asking for,
> > but my computer is essentially bricked because of this thing! I can only
> > access websites by entering their URLS into the address bar, and youtube
> > doesn't work even if I do that.
>
> At first I thought this sounded like "something" changed your home or
> start page to a Jenkins URL, but then you say you "can only access
> websites by entering their URLS into the address bar" which confused me.
> I normally access websites by entering their URLs into the address bar.
> How do you normally access google or youtube? Do you click on a shortcut
> on your desktop? Or do you click on a bookmark?
>
> --
> Edwin

Sent from my phone