I don't understand your phrasing of your steps.

When I install the git plugin, the steps are:

   1. Open available plugins list (
   http://localhost:8080/pluginManager/available )
   2. Enter "git" in the search box in the top right corner of that page
   3. Select the check box in the row which contains the text "GIT plugin"
   4. Press the button labeled "Download now and install after restart"
   5. After the download completes, either wait for Jenkins to restart, or
   stop and restart it yourself

The git plugin page is
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Curios-Cat <chief.ai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed Jenkins on Ubuntu 12.04 by following the steps in
>
> http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian/
>
> I would like to enable git plugins.  From the steps from cloud-bee's
> website, I should see the available plug-ins in
>
> manager-jenkins -> configure-jenkins (configure-system) -> git
> manager-jenkin's -> manage plugins -> available.
>
> Select the Configure Jenkins link, give the path to the Git executable on
> the system or let Jenkins install it automatically.
> Go to the the Manage Plugins link.
> On the Available tab, select the Git Plugin and click the Download and
> Install button at the bottom of the page. - See more at:
> http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/03/using-git-with-jenkins.html#sthash.fWArjd0T.dpuf
>

> Select the Configure Jenkins link, give the path to the Git executable on
> the system or let Jenkins install it automatically.
> Go to the the Manage Plugins link.
> On the Available tab, select the Git Plugin and click the Download and
> Install button at the bottom of the page. - See more at:
> http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/03/using-git-with-jenkins.html#sthash.fWArjd0T.dpuf
> Select the Configure Jenkins link, give the path to the Git executable on
> the system or let Jenkins install it automatically.
> Go to the the Manage Plugins link.
> On the Available tab, select the Git Plugin and click the Download and
> Install button at the bottom of the page. - See more at:
> http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/03/using-git-with-jenkins.html#sthash.fWArjd0T.dpuf
> Select the Configure Jenkins link, give the path to the Git executable on
> the system or let Jenkins install it automatically.
> Go to the the Manage Plugins link.
> On the Available tab, select the Git Plugin and click the Download and
> Install button at the bottom of the page. - See more at:
> http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/03/using-git-with-jenkins.html#sthash.fWArjd0T.dpuf
> Select the Configure Jenkins link, give the path to the Git executable on
> the system or let Jenkins install it automatically.
> Go to the the Manage Plugins link.
> On the Available tab, select the Git Plugin and click the Download and
> Install button at the bottom of the page. - See more at:
> http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/03/using-git-with-jenkins.html#sthash.fWArjd0T.dpuf
> But I just can not see any of git in these two pages.
>
> Any idea on what is going on? Is git taken out?
>
> - Cat
>
>  --

Thanks!
Mark Waite