On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Rob Mandeville
<rmandevi...@dekaresearch.com> wrote:
> I have two Jenkins servers: one for prime time use (my production
> environment; my customers’ development environment) and another for my own
> mad science development.  Both are currently on the same Linux machine and
> running out of Winstone, but both aspects of that are negotiable.  The fact
> that it’s using Active Directory for authentication is less negotiable.
>

> The problem is that I have to work on both of them.  I do some work on one,
> then I go to the other one and I have to log in again.  Once I flip back to
> the first one, I have to log in _again_.  Is there any way for me to remain
> logged into both instances simultaneously?

There's probably an authentication realm or domain buried somewhere in
the configs, but I'd recommend running the test instance in a virtual
machine with its own IP address if it has to be on the same physical
host. Virtualbox is easy to use if you don't already use something
else.   There is a bit more overhead but it will let you install
standard packages/configurations with a lot less difference in the
application level setup between your production/test instances.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikes...@gmail.com