On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 5:03 AM, GS <geksi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a build wall display for the office and have been
> evaluating the Wall Display and Build Monitor plugins. My use case is that I
> have a TV monitor (not connected to the Jenkins server) which runs a web
> browser pointing to my choice of URLs.
>
> The thing is, my Jenkins server is being hosted in the cloud, so I'm wary of
> allowing anonymous read access. Logging in is not an option, since the
> session will eventually time out. And using tokens, it seems that I can only
> trigger remote builds, but I can't access the wall display pages this way.
>
> What other options do I have? How do you implement your build walls in the
> office?

So you have enough people in the room interested in the results to set
up a wall display but they are all too lazy to go over and log the
browser in if necessary?   How about VNC access so they don't have to
leave their chairs to access the controlling PC?

 Does a browser session actually time out if you've told it to
remember the password?  Mine seem to run for months - but I don't use
the wall display plugin.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikes...@gmail.com