We're using Jenkins 1.575 with the GIT client (1.10.1), GIT (2.2.5), and
GitHub (1.24) plugins (amongst others) but the issue seems to be related to
those in some fashion.

Specifically, we're using the Jenkins Build Per Branch script
(http://entagen.github.io/jenkins-build-per-branch/) to create Jenkins jobs
for every branch in our github repo. That much works great - jobs are
created and deleted as branches get added or removed. Each job has the
specific branchname specified within.

We then have a Github webook setup pointing at our Jenkins install to
notify on pushes. That part is also working - but seemingly too well. Every
time we get changes to one branch pushed into github, the webhook seems to
be causing Jenkins to queue a build for every job.

The Jenkins log shows events like the following for every local job.

Aug 19, 2014 9:48:22 PM FINE com.cloudbees.jenkins.GitHubWebHook

Considering to poke <jobname-based-on-branchname>

Aug 19, 2014 9:48:22 PM INFO com.cloudbees.jenkins.GitHubWebHook
processGitHubPayload

Poked <jobname-based-on-branchname>

We see that for everything, even for branches that haven't seen a commit in
months.

We do have a single Jenkins master and a number of slaves (using swarm
slave). All jobs are configured to clean their workspace after they are
done executing.

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to be working, or is there
likely something I have configured incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Nicholas