Domains would allow you to show the credentials for only the pertinent
hostnames, schemes, etc (e.g. github.com, ssh://).
1) Add Domain
2) Add a "hostname" specification for your repo
3) Add your credential *inside* this domain.

The net effect is that when users type this URL into Git, your credential
will show up.  Another URL, and it goes away.

NOTE: This doesn't meet what looks like your security requirements where
the Credentials don't show up for other users.

I believe CloudBees folder plugin allows for folder-scoped credentials,
combined with Folder permissions (might be a CloudBees enterprise plugin),
you might be able to achieve what you want.

I have not, however, played with this myself.

Hope that helps,
-M

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have you experimented with "Add domain" and assigned the credentials to
> the specific URI and scheme and port that you want to control?
>
> I'm not sure that will exactly match what you're trying to do, since I
> believe you're trying to prevent a user who has the permission to modify a
> job definition from changing the repository URL to use a different
> repository.  If they change to use a different repository, I believe the
> credentials for that repository will be visible to them.  I'm not fluent
> enough in the details of securing Jenkins to guide you further than "try
> the Add domain" capability.
>
> Mark Waite
>
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Johan <johan.vogelz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Several of our projects have access to their own Git repository through
>> https.
>> For this they need to add credentials in the job config (Git plugin).
>>
>> But is seems only possible to add credentials at global level. Added
>> global credentials are shown in the credentials dropdownlistbox (Git
>> plugin) and are visible to everyone.
>> How can I make sure that credentials that are added by users of project A
>> are not visible and can not be used by users of project B?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Johan.
>>
>> --