On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 12:38:30 PM UTC-5, LesMikesell wrote:

> Does this have to be different from build-flow where you could pick up
> SVN_REVISION and pass it into subsequent builds

I am not very familiar with the build-flow plugin and have not heard of
such an idiom. subversion-plugin *sets* $SVN_REVISION on the current build
but does not automatically check out that revision if such a variable is
set ahead of time.

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-24141 notes that the current
Jenkins core API does not permit an SCM to define environment variables
(such as $SVN_REVISION) in a workflow. If that were changed, it would be
one possible solution to JENKINS-26100 (for example you could access
env.SVN_REVISION
after checkout). But there is another possible solution that I think may be
more attractive, using scm-api. Still TBD.

In the meantime, as a workaround you could run ‘svn info’ on the master
workspace to determine the current revision, keep this in a Groovy
variable, and update slave workspaces to that.