Dear All

I found the way how the Jenkins manage nodes and jobs distribution very
powerful. We are thinking about moving our automated build system developed
on top of python into the Jenkins jobs.

The basic idea is to analyze the dependency in one upstream job and build
each module as a separate downstream Job. The downstream jobs will be
triggered with using of scheduleBuild2(int quietPeriod, Cause c, Action...
actions).

This works pretty well with amount of jobs till 50. The more parallel jobs
we have the less responsive UI we've got. Since the environment for which
I'm preparing setup requires maintain of multiple configuration in practice
I can expect situation up to 500-700 jobs running.

Does anyone of you have experience with using Jenkins to cope which such a
mount of jobs?
Could you share your experience in this area?
Does it make sense to continue this direction or basically the Jenkins is
to heavy because of numbers of plugin in toolchain that might slow down
processing?

Best regards, Tomasz.
--
Pozdrawiam/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Tomasz Majchrowski,
Information Technology and Services Consultant and Contractor