On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 10:43:28 AM UTC-5, LesMikesell wrote:
>>
>> With workflow, if you trigger another build, how do you access that
>> other build object?  For example to find the build number so you can
>> copy its artifacts into the workflow job.    Or find the SVN_REVISION
>> so you can trigger other builds of that same revision?
>

> This area is still relatively weak in Workflow, so I plan to add more
> features here.
>
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-26100
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-25851

Is there some reason workflow isn't just a superset of build flow,
adding control of workspaces and inlining?   What's the point of
having open source if everyone starts over from scratch whenever they
have a new idea anyway?   Or, why aren't both of these just class
libraries for the groovy plugin with an easy way to add new ones for
common high-level operations?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com