From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jennifer Hofmeister
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:38 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Git repository connection times out sometimes

Hello,

I have several build jobs that clone from a remote Git repository. On some of
them, the git fetch part of the command fails with the following output:

Building on master in workspace C:\Program Files
(x86)\Jenkins\jobs\test_123\workspace
> git.exe rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree # timeout=10
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
> git.exe config remote.origin.url
> ssh://g...@stash.mycompany.com:port/path/test-project1.git # timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from
ssh://g...@stash.mycompany.com:port/path/test-project1.git
> git.exe --version # timeout=10
> git.exe -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
> ssh://g...@stash.mycompany.com:port/path/test-project1.git
> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* # timeout=10
ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'

I get no more information. The process doesn’t get rejected by Stash, it just
times out waiting for admission. The odd thing is that at the same time, other
builds that do the very same thing will execute. On some builds, the effect
even seems to occur arbitrarily, or not. Only one job really never seems to
work (the one above).

This just started happening on Monday. No changes or updates were made to
either Stash or Jenkins (Windows 7 x64, v1.580.1). All connections are going
out from this one machine, and the Stash connection has been working fine up
until now. I tried upgrading the Git plugin, without effect, so now it is back
at 2.3.4.

Any ideas are appreciated! (A while ago, I had a similar inexplicable issue
with Subversion I never got to solve, which was terribly frustrating. So any
help is very much appreciated, really.)

All the best,

Jennifer
jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAA587D532C45541B62417404F1D22030E81D7A4%40you-exch1.younicos.local<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAA587D532C45541B62417404F1D22030E81D7A4%40you-exch1.younicos.local?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.