I'm trying to use a Workflow (ver 1.6) to string together a series of
freestyle jobs.

What I believe I'm seeing is that a minimal Job object is returned in the
event that the freestyle job completes successfully.  If the downstream
freestyle job either fails or is aborted though, I get an exception raised
that includes the result as its text... but not much of anything else.

My goal is to provide a linkage within my Workflow job to each of these
downstream jobs, but as it stands now I'm only seeing that I can identify
it if everything goes just right.

Here's an example snippet of what I'm doing currently:

try {
    def buildStatus = build job: DOWNSTREAM_BUILD

    def result = buildStatus.getResult()

    def number = buildStatus.getNumber()

    // Example URL Format:
 http://jenkins.mydomain.com/job/DOWNSTRAM_BUILD/128/
    def url = "http://jenkins.mydomain.com/job/"; + DOWNSTREAM_BUILD + "/" +
number.toString() + "/"
    echo url

}  catch(e) {
    echo e.getMessage()
    error 'DOWNSTREAM_JOB did not start/complete normally'

}

My biggest concern is that I can't figure out to get the corresponding
build information in the event of a failure.  Past that, I'd also really
like to avoid having to embed the base URL of my server... it seems like I
ought to be able to get that from the job I'm running.

Does anyone have ideas on this?  Am I approaching this the wrong way?  Or
is this a limitation of the Workflow plugin today?

Rick