Wincred is the Windows Credential store. You probably want something else for
your host OS

From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Pratik Dhandharia
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:18 AM
To: Jenkins Users
Subject: Re: Get Jenkins Working with Private Repo

Also the command you suggested,

git.exe config --global credential.helper wincred

Here, wincred is your windows credential right? on the man page, I could see
the credential.helper accepting only two arguments,

git config --global credential.helper store
git config --global credential.helper cache

I did not find any manual page suggesting your command option of wincred.

Can you please elaborate more on the "wincred"?

Thanks.