I've been looking into this as well and made a little progress by digging
around https://github.com/jenkinsci/credentials-plugin

For store, I used "system::system::jenkins" like in their tests.  For
domain I tried variations on the word "global" but none worked.  I then
tried underscore '_' as a wild guess and that worked.  I tried that because
it's in the url when you hover on (global) on the credentials page.

Anyway, I haven't tried creating creds yet, but I can at least get them
like:

java -jar /usr/share/jenkins/jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080 -i
~jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa list-credentials system::system::jenkins

and

java -jar /usr/share/jenkins/jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080 -i
~jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa get-credentials-as-xml system::system::jenkins _
somecredname

(note that I require auth hence the -i. This might not be relevant in your
case)

Hope this helps some.