One of the tasks I've assigned to Jenkins is managing packages for release
to the test environment and to the production environment (two tasks?).  I
do this by creating two file trees for the packages to live in called "qa"
and "released" with their purpose being rather intuitive.   If the package
tree is being sent to the testing environment qa and released are merged
and then RSync'ed to the test environment and for production releases just
the released tree is tar-ed up and made available to operations.

I say all that to say this:  I know how to write Java code to handle file
uploads and subsequent storage in a file tree.  I've looked at a few
tutorials on writing Jenkins plugins.  What I haven't seen in my random
wanderings around is an example that would become a menu item in the left
had menu bar and manage the UI.

Is there something in github or elsewhere that I could look at that would
do something similar to what I'm after?   From a decent starting place I
can figure out the rest.