On 12/15/2016 11:09 AM, prakash damodaran wrote:
Hi Ty,

I have already installed the GitHub package in my system. I am trying to
figure out is there any way we can work with 2FA. Just FYI... I just
came across generating a public access token in GitHub and using it
Jenkins but that didn't actually work still looking if I have missed
anything else. If you have any information about it would be great help!

Thanks,

Your error suggests that you have not installed github because it's erroring that it can't find the command. insure that github is in the path. I can't offer much on 2fa with jenkins, but I can help with that issue at least. from there you can see what Jenkins returns with the github package already installed and in the path. If you're on windows, the solution is as simple as adding the directory to the path env variable.

Prakash

On Thursday, 15 December 2016 21:11:14 UTC+5:30, sorressean wrote:

    Hello,
    On 12/15/2016 9:42 AM, prakash damodaran wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am facing authentication issue with GitHub and Jenkins. We have
    setup
    > a 2 factor authentication in GITHUB, So I am facing issue on
    setting up
    > authentication with it. Any leads on it would be great!
    >
    > Current I am getting the below error when I provide the username and
    > Password of GitHub. Is there anything else I need to take care of.
    >
    > stderr: github --credentials get: github: command not found
    > github --credentials erase: github: command not found
    > remote: Invalid username or password.
    > fatal: Authentication failed for "Github repository URL"
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Prakash

    You'll need to install the github package. They offer their own cli
    service. This will require googling to figure out how to get it for
    your
    specific platform.
    Also note that 2fa authentication is not going to make your jenkins
    jobs
    any easier and there's not really a workaround to 2fa. You'll have to
    accept the authentication each time Jenkins tries to authenticate.
    There
    may be workarounds, but it's going to get messy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/0831d947-931a-4608-acd3-36dff4217fee%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/0831d947-931a-4608-acd3-36dff4217fee%40googlegroups.com>

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/0831d947-931a-4608-acd3-36dff4217fee%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.