I am using declarative pipeline and in some of my stages, i need to use
multiple agents while still ensuring the steps are executed in sequence
(not parallel). I don't find a nice way to use multiple agents (maybe
multiple steps) within a stage.

something like:

pipeline {
   agent none

     stages {

               stage ('prepare') {
                    agent any

                        steps {
                        script {
                                       echo "somrthing"
                               }
                      }
              }
              stage('Build') {

                   agent { label 'master'  }

                        steps {
                        echo 'on master'
                       }

                        agent { label 'slave1'}

                        steps {
                        echo 'on slave'
                }

        }

    }
}

Since this is not supported, i am forced to use a less elegant way:

pipeline {
   agent none

     stages {

               stage ('prepare') {