Are you using the Freestyle Job or the Pipeline job? You mention
Jenkinsfile and freestyle in the same paragraph (which at least to me is a
bit confusing)

How do you run this locally? You should be able to use the same command
either through the Pipeline DSL in an ‘sh “command”’ block.

pipeline {

    agent any

    stages {

        stage('Example') {