I have a folder with 4 jobs, namely,

   - build-and-test = a multi-branch pipeline job that builds and tests
   code and, if successful, pushes a docker image to docker repo. So I can
   have several versions of the docker image, say 1.0.0, 1.0.4, 1.0.11
   - deploy-to-sandbox = a pipeline job that pulls above docker image from
   docker repo, with desired version from above build, and deploys it to a
   sandbox environment
   - deploy-to-staging = similarly, = a pipeline job that pulls above
   docker image from docker repo, with desired version from above build, and
   deploys it to a staging environment, ONLY IF desired version has been
   deployed to sandbox already
   - deploy-to-production = a pipeline job that pulls above docker image
   from docker repo, with desired version from above build, and deploys it to
   a production environment, ONLY IF desired version has been deployed to
   staging already

So I should ONLY be able to run deploy-to-production(1.0.4) if I've already
ran deploy-to-staging(1.0.4), and hence only if I've already ran
deploy-to-sandbox(1.0.4). One job does NOT automatically trigger any
downstream job.

Also, I don't need to have the same version in all environments. For
example, I can have the scenario where...

   - deploy-to-sandbox(1.0.11)
   - deploy-to-staging(1.0.4)
   - deploy-to-production(1.0.0)

...again as long as what I'm deploying in production has already been
deployed to staging, and as long as that version has already been deployed
to sandbox.

Any pointers on how to do this?

Thanks!
Chris