0

I have a stage at the end of my pipeline job which has to push changes back
to a particular Gitlab branch. After trying out several solutions proposed
on stackoverflow, I am still not able to push to the branch

sh("git add .")
sh("git commit -a -m ' New changes'")
sh('git push https://${GIT_USERNAME}:${GIT_PASSWORD}@<REPO> ')

I expected it to be pushed to the branch which it checked out from but I
get the following result on the console

   - git commit -a -m ' New changes' [detached HEAD bc78567] New changes
   - Everything up-to-date

any reason for this issue?