Hi folks,

   I’m wanting to make available to pipelines detailed metadata about what
resides on specific nodes, in terms of applications, path names etc. Some
nodes may have multiple applications on them, so I need to be able to loop
through the application metadata on a node. If I were to visualize it in
JSON, it would look something like below. At first I thought maybe node
level environmental variables would be the way to go, but that makes it
kind of ugly for nodes with multiple apps. I’ve kind of settled on using
readJSON I’n my pipelines to get the metadata. Is there a better way to do
this?

   Thanks!

{
  “nodes": [{
    "Hostname": hostname1.domain.com",
      "Applications": {
        "DEVL": {
          "ApplUser": "appldevl",
          "OraUser": "oradevl",
          "OracleHome": "/findevdb/DEVL/db/tech_st/12.1.0",
          "StartScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_devl.sh",
          "StartScriptUser": "root",
          "StopScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_devl.sh",
          "StopScriptUser": "root"
        },
        "PTCH": {
          "ApplUser": "applptch",
          "OraUser": "oraptch",
          "OracleHome": "/findevdb/PTCH/db/tech_st/12.1.0",
          "StartScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_ptch.sh",
          "StartScriptUser": "root",
          "StopScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_ptch.sh",
          "StopScriptUser": "root"
        }
      }
    },
    {
    "Hostname": "hostname2.domain.com",
      "Applications": {
        "TEST": {
          "ApplUser": "appltest",
            "OraUser": "oratest",
            "OracleHome": "/fintestdb/TEST/db/tech_st/12.1.0",
            "StartScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_test.sh",
            "StartScriptUser": "root",
            "StopScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/stop_test.sh",
            "StopScriptUser": "root"
          },
        "QUAL": {
          "ApplUser": "applqual",
          "OraUser": "oraqual",
          "OracleHome": "/fintestdb/QUAL/db/tech_st/12.1.0",
          "StartScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/start_qual.sh",
          "StartScriptUser": "root",
          "StopScript": "/opt/app/oracle/startup_scripts/stop_qual.sh",
           "StopScriptUser": "root"
        }
      }
    }