I've never used either of them, but I've been told that both ILOG and Vision Jade
have total business solutions involving LP and MLP done in Java.  ILOG markets
their rulebase as a separate product called JRules.  For a princely sum, I might
add.  :-)  Most of what I have seen can be done by an enterprising programmer with
any rulebase or a decent procedural programming language, such as Java.

Arman Anwar wrote:

> Anybody know of Expert systems being used in conjunction with
> linear/integer/constraint programming.
>
> TIA,
>
> Arman.
>
> =====
>
> He,
>   Who is capable of attempting the absurd,
>     Is capable of achieving the impossible.

> in the BODY of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], NOT to the
> list (use your own address!) List problems? Notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ttfn

IHN
Jim

---------------------------------
James C. Owen
Knowledge-Based Systems Corporation
6314 Kelly Circle
Garland, TX  75044

972.530.2895

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kbsc.com

"Have You Read My #1 Best Seller? There Will Be A Test. -God"
(Seen on a billboard in DFW MetroPlex.)

"NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed by its lack of scalability." -- John
Kirch