I think Alexander Lamb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To try and find out what is happening with my endless loop (previous post),
> I turned on the trace of the activations.
>
> I do see this:
>
> ++++ Will fire: OrmedScript@5fbb66
> <== Activation: MAIN::component2 :  f-1
> ==> Activation: MAIN::component2 :  f-1
> ==> Activation: MAIN::ASP1 :  f-1, f-3
> ++++ Did fire: OrmedScript@5fbb66
>
> So this leads to the following questions:
>
> 1. What do the <== and ==> mean in the trace?

<== Activation being removed, ==> Activation be created.

> 2. What is f-1, etc... (functions?)

The list for facts that activated the rule.

> 3. Would the rule fire again if a property changes in OrmedContext even if
> the property is not used in the rule (as you can see in my example)?

Yes, as I stated in my other message, the fact that selectedScript is
not mentioned is irrelevant; the rule is still reactivated when it
changes.

Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550