I think James C. Owen wrote:
> I see that Ernest answered your email - here's what I did with it sometime
> last year.  Ernest got much better benchmarks than I did but we never could
> determine the reason for it.  Maybe because I was running Win2K and he was
> using something else.  Win2K sucks on performance for Java benchmarks.
> However, Jess did place #2 on my comparisons.  :-)
>
> SDG
> jco

Jess 6.1a3 was significantly slower on manners than 6.0 - 6.1a2 were,
and 6.1a4 is only a little better. This has been due to the changes in
Rete network architecture to allow fully nested and/or/not. The next
release 6.1a5 will be back up to speed. If you (or anyone!)
benchmarked either the 6.1a3 or 6.1a4 versions, well, benchmarks of
alpha code aren't worth much! Compare 6.0 to other commercial
offerings to do a fair benchmark.