I think MAtt Farmer wrote:

> Is there a way to see the details of jess functions online?...coz I
> was storing a value into the global hashmap from jess and then some
> other value from java and using jess to fire a rule based on the
> equality of those strings...but jess fetch gets the strings stored
> from java as External java.lang.String . So I cant really compare
> the two values.

Sure you can. The str-cat function would turn such an object into a
Jess string, and they sym-cat function would turn it into a symbol,
and then "eq" could compare the result to a Jess string or symbol,
respectively; or you can just use the String.equals() function.

>  So i was wondering if there is fine print online..to help me
> figure this out..I looked at the book and I couldnt find anything..

I can't think of a specific place where this specifict situation is
covered; it's more an experience kind of thing.