Also,

If ?q is a negative number, how do I change it so its positive? i.e |?q|

Chirag

-----Original Message-----
From: Mehta, Chirag (IT)
Sent: 03 August 2004 11:01
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: JESS: Newbie questions

I have another silly beginner question:

This is my code:

(defrule equityHedgeMaxLiquidity::calcifnc (declare (auto-focus TRUE))
(productType EQTY)
  ?b <- (Positions (quantity ?q)
                        (cusip ?c)
                        (median_22_day_volume ?m)
                        (liquidity ?l))
  (test (.....)
  => .......

This does not work as (productType EQTY) is incorrect.

(defrule equityHedgeMaxLiquidity::calcifnc (declare (auto-focus TRUE))
  ?b <- (Positions (quantity ?q)
                        (cusip ?c)
                        (median_22_day_volume ?m)
                        (liquidity ?l))

This works fine but I need for it to check the product type.

I cannot see what is different in what I am doing compared to page 101
of JESS in Action!!

Chirag