Hi,

I'm interested in what you think are the Strengths, Weaknesses,
Opportunities & Threats (SWOT) of using Jess as opposed to other 3 or 4GL
programming languages such as C/C++ and Java. Some people have no choice
Personally the idea of learning a new language to solve problems I could
solve in languages I already know quite disadvantageous. Never the less
there are obvious advantages too. Could anyone contribute to the list Ive
started below? (In addition, If anyone could suggest a problem to me that
you could only solve with Jess and not Java or C I would be very
interested).

* Strengths/Opportunities

1. Reduced command set (quicker to code)

2. Easier/quicker to develop solutions for complex rule based problems

* Weaknesses/Threats
1. Small community compared with C++/Java etc etc (i.e less examples, fewer
learning materials)

2. Requires learning a new language quite disimlar from any other (as
opposed to other languages such as PHP/JSP/Perl, Java/C++ which have can be
quite similar)