I am setting up a tool that will have a moderate size set of rules, and then the user can fill in some facts before firing the engine. The rule set may take some time to process initially, but the number of facts associated with an individual event (new ones) will be a handful.

I have seen some notes on this server that you can have multiple engines, but I guess I am confused about whether I should have multiple Rete objects, or multiple parsers, or what. I could just set up a globally accessible Rete and Jesp object, and then reset the Rete.

Why would we want multiple engines?