Hi,
I know that in general, trying to impose order in the rulebase is a Very Bad
Thing.  However, I have a situation where we have an existing rule base that
updates some java objects.  We have a new requirement, whereby if a flag is
set some of these objects may need to have the previously set values
overridden by values based on a separate set of rules.   Reconciling the two
rule sets may prove to be quite tedious, wereas running the new set after the
completion of the first would be straightforward.  Is there a way to create a
defrule that say looks to see if the run() is complete then sets the new
module and runs the second set of rules?

Now that I think about it.  This is being executed from a Java program, I
think i could possibly do the check after the first Rete.run() set the module
and run again.

In any case, any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

THanks