friedman_hill ernest j wrote:
I think vsingh wrote:
[Charset utf-8 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
Hi all,

I have the following doubts.Please help.

1.How to use jess tab in console mode?

Don't think you can, can you? It's a GUI tool.

Actually, JessTab provides its own console as part of the JessTab tab in Protege GUI. See slide 7 or 8 of http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2003/Henrik_Eriksson_JessTabProtegeWS.pdf

I recommend that you look at the slide presentation in addition to the manual.

2.While trying to import protege KB for further inferencing using Jess ,do I
need to create templates, if I am using mapclass?

Use mapclass.

3.Since templstes defined in MAIN are the ones that are used in all
modules___.how can I use mapclass so that that information is used in all
moduels too?

Mapclass creates the "object" template in MAIN.

4.How can I print out an output(inferred knowledge) back to user using the
JessTab?

Not sure what you mean. Who is a "user"? Changes to mapped instances in Jess are mirrored in Protege and vice versa. You can print whatever you want in Jess using Jess functions. If you have a Protege application then it can access the modified Protege instances.

The Wiki page on JessTab collects some information about how ti get
JessTab questions answered:

http://www.jessrules.com/jesswiki/view?JessTab

Samson Tu                    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]