like magic..
a satisfied customer
:)
==============Original message text===============
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:55:11 +1100 "Ernest Friedman-Hill" wrote:

On Nov 15, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Robert Kildare wrote:

> I have just installed Jess on my fancy new macbook (OSX_4). I find
> that
> using the command line is very limiting compared to the WinXP command
> line. There is no up/down arrow history, in particular. Does anyone
> know
> how I can get this functionality at the terminal, short of installing
> Windows as well?

Actually, I have a neat solution for this; it works on all UNIX
variants, Mac OS X included. Go to http://jline.sourceforge.net and  download
the JLine project. Unzip the thing to get yourself a
jline-0.9.9.jar . Then start Jess with

java -classpath wherever/jline-0.9.9.jar:wherever/jess.jar
jline.ConsoleRunner jess.Main

And, like magic, you'll get the Jess prompt with GNU-readline-like
command-line editing. You could edit the bin/jess script that comes
with Jess to do all this automatically, of course.