From: Suzianty Herawati

"And there was no more sea."   --Revelation 21:1

   Scarcely could we rejoice at the thought of losing the glorious old ocean: the new
heavens and the new earth are none the fairer to our imagination, if, indeed,
literally there is to be no great and wide sea, with its gleaming waves and shelly
shores. Is not the text to be read as a metaphor, tinged with the prejudice with which
the Oriental mind universally regarded the sea in the olden times?
A real physical world without a sea it is mournful to imagine, it would be an iron
ring without the sapphire which made it precious. There must be a spiritual meaning
here. In the new dispensation there will be no  division --the sea separates nations
and sunders peoples from each other. To John in Patmos the deep waters were like
prison walls, shutting him out from his brethren and his work: there shall be no such
barriers in the world to come. Leagues of rolling billows lie between us and many a
kinsman whom to-night we prayerfully remember, but in the bright world to which we go
there shall be unbroken fellowship for all the redeemed family.
In this sense there shall be no more sea. The sea is the emblem of change; with its
ebbs and flows, its glassy smoothness and its mountainous billows, its gentle murmurs
and its tumultuous roarings, it is never long the same. Slave of the fickle winds and
the changeful moon, its instability is proverbial. In this mortal state we have too
much of this; earth is constant only in her inconstancy, but in the heavenly state all
mournful change shall be unknown, and with it all fear of storm to wreck our
hopes and drown our joys. The sea of glass glows with a glory unbroken by a wave. No
tempest howls along the peaceful shores of paradise. Soon shall we reach that happy
land where partings, and changes, and storms shall be ended! Jesus will waft us there.
Are we in Him or not? This is the grand question.
by CH Spurgeon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
Daftar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Keluar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]