From: "suyento" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

How to find new birth in Christ
by Art Toalston

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--Many people have ears to hear and hearts willing to ponder all
that God has for them.

Are you one of them?

If so, the Bible has some dynamic, life-changing words for you. (All of the following
Scripture verses are from the New Testament Book of Romans, in the New International
Version.)
These are some of the Bible passages that the Holy Spirit used to rescue me from a
life of sin by birthing a supernatural, joyous faith in my heart and then nurturing it
over the years.

God is evident, Romans 1:20-21
"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power
and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made,
so that men are without excuse."

All have sinned, Romans 3:10,23
"As it is written: 'There is no one righteous, not even one ...' for all have sinned
and fall short of the glory of God."

Christ has intervened for us, Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ
died for us."

We must repent of our sin, Romans 2:4
"... do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not
realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?"

We must receive Christ, Romans 10:8-10,13
"'The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,' that is, the word of
faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and
believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is
with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you
confess and are saved ... for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be
saved.'"

Salvation is wondrous, Romans 1:16-17
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of
everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a
righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to
last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'"

We are saved by Christ's life, Romans 5:10
"For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of
his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"

We are transformed, Romans 12:1-2
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as
living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is --
his good, pleasing and perfect will."

We find peace with God and perseverance, Romans: 5:1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through
our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in
which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but
we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces
perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not
disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit,
whom he has given us."

We have assurance, Romans 8:28, 38-39
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have
been called according to his purpose. ... For I am convinced that neither death nor
life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate
us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Salvation is the most wholesome, healthiest experience a person can have this side of
heaven. There is not a reason in this world to spend a minute longer separated from
God.

Just pray.

Ask God to forgive your sins.  Ask Jesus to come into your heart.
Trust him with every facet of your life from this day forward. Meditate on these Bible
verses regularly to grasp more and more of the glory of new birth.
-Purpose-Driven®-

From: "suyento" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A Simple Picture of Success

Four basic principles for growing a healthy small group.
by Brett Eastman, founder and CEO of Lifetogether

When I first joined the staff at Saddleback Church. Rick told me he reserved seats for
over 800 men on 7 different 747s headed to Washington, DC for Promise Keepers. I
suggested we recruit leaders from some of the existing men's groups to launch a few
more men's groups from the 800+ men going to the event. Over 300 men said they wanted
to join a group, and half dozen men agreed to lead them.

We launched 32 groups from those 800 men; almost 300 men got connected. But there was
only a 50 percent group success rate, which disappointed me. Rick Warren said, "That's
okay. At least 50 percent of them stayed connected." Eventually, that rate grew to 72
percent until we had connected almost 8000 people in groups over a 3-year period.

>From this experience, I learned that small group health depends upon the following
>four realities.

1. You need a simple picture of success. Small group ministries need to begin with the
end in mind. When you begin with the end in mind you realize it is a changed life that
matters-a life molded to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Remember that a successful
small group is one that connects people in authentic community for life so that they
have a spiritual family and will forever grow in their relationship with Christ. Not
just for a season but forever.

Small groups aren't just a forum for fellowship. Small groups are a forum for the
Great Commission and Great Commandment to be realized in people's lives.

2. You need a strategic process. First, you've got to have a process that brings them
in. Then you've got to have a process that builds them up. Then you've got to have a
process that trains them. Lastly, you need a process to push them out on their own.

On average, a church member who's been a Christian for ten years is not connected in
community. But if that person was given a process that outlined growth beyond the
elementary stage of a spiritual walk, they usually don't stay there. Participating in
a small group is the "training wheel" phase of the process; leading a small group is
when they ride the bike on their own. Giving people a picture of this process is
motivational and gives everybody a place to start.

3. You need a supporting paradigm. To do this, you need to mobilize players on a team
to help champion the purposes within a person's life. If you don't have someone in the
group encouraging people to discover their God-given gifts and encouraging them to
take steps in their faith, you won't grow your small group ministry. To build a small
group ministry, you need a structure that serves.

4. You need to remember that you're birthing. "Birthing" is a word no one likes. But
it connotes the hard work, time, and emotions that are involved in creating a healthy
small group ministry. Though the process is difficult, you will be rewarded when new
lives are born for Christ.

Copyright © 2004 Lifetogether.
Taken from : www.christianitytoday.com
===================================
SIMPLE ABCS DEVELOPING NEW SMALL GROUPS

If you're someone who has a heart for developing new small groups and want to know
how, all you have to know are these simple ABCs.

First, ASK God who to invite. That's what Jesus did when he sought his disciples. Go
through your email and phone lists, and ask God to reveal to you who to invite to a
six-week study, and be open to the unexpected person he might reveal.

Once God reveals those names, BEGIN inviting them right away. Don't hesitate, but pick
up the phone and call them.

Then take the time to CHECK out material to use for the six-week study. There are lots
of series: 40 Days of Purpose; 40 Days of Community; a Beth Moore series; an
Experiencing God series; The key is to check out the material and begin prepping.

Taken from : The Lifetogether Today Newsletter

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
Daftar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Keluar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]