Jon Stevens wrote:

>on 10/14/01 2:17 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Following the threads on i18n for navigations, I'd just like to raise some
>>points on the subject:
>>

>You got it 100% right raphael.
>
>+1
>
>Also, make sure to use Turbine's localization service. DLR just put a bunch
>of work into it because CollabNet is now using it. It is easy to use and
>works great. Scarab uses it as well.

FYI: I'm tracking turbine-2.2dev from cvs, and making sure it works with
current Jetspeed. I've just updated a bunch of changes in
TurbineLocalization. As soon as we have the TurbineResourceService with
the following patch applied, Jetspeed will run again against cvs
turbine-2, and we will be able to move forward with turbine-2.2dev.

cvs server: Diffing src/java/org/apache/turbine/services/resources
src/java/org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceService.java
RCS file:
/home/cvs/jakarta-turbine-2/src/java/org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceService.java,v
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -r1.4 TurbineResourceService.java
230a231,233
 >         //Get the full ResourceService (we could be in a subset instance)
 >         ResourceService top = TurbineResources.getService();

243c246
<             if (configuration.get(variable)!=null)
---
 >             if (top.getString(variable)!=null)
245c248
<                 result.append(configuration.get(variable));
---
 >                 result.append(top.getString(variable));

The patch is needed because variable interpolation does not work when a
TurbineServices.getResources(String subset) is requested, and we do this
in the initialization of some services.

Jason has the patch, and he will apply it in the next days. Then we will
enjoy the latest code in TurbineLocalization.