> >   -#install.war=/apache/catalina/webapps
> >   +install.war=/apache/catalina/webapps

Okay, I seem to have the unique need for a hot deploy of the class files.
So I will change my 'deploy' target to use another property, and follow your
suggestions below for the install target.
Although I really don't understand what you are doing, copying files to
bin/webapp.
But hell, if that works for you then Im happy as long as you dont break my
stuff.

> Can I suggest that we put the default install.war setting back into
> the build.xml (I believe it gets overridden by anything in
> build.properties).
>
> We could then move the build.properties file to something like
> build.properties.sample - and remove the actual build.properties file
> from CVS - people can then have their local overrides?
>
> I am not 100% on the best use of ant - so I maybe way off target here
> - but the current settings in CVS mean that the install target is
> useless for me... and I am selfish   ;-)
>
> Just my one euro worth...
>
> Chris
>
> =====
> Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com