> -1 pending a vote and commitment to do this effort as a team from all
> voting developers.
> The PSML services are now working very well in both Database and File
> System implementation.
> I am strongly -1 on changing this just to support an optional feature.

If you decide to go ahead with this change, would it be possible to get a
CVS tag on the current stable codeset?  Things seem pretty good from what
I've seen and I would like to be able to move ahead building on top of the
current code without waiting for more features, if that is at all possible.

> They are two different entities and IMO require different semantics.
> I personally don't see the need to check security during content
> aggregation and prefer that this check is made during customization
> (placing portlet instances on the page).

If security is only checked during customization, what happens if the
administrator revokes a permission/role/group later?  If a change is made
that takes the user's right to a portlet away later, won't checking security
only at customization miss this?

Thanks,
Craig