From: Scott T. Weaver
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Sent: 10/22/04 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: MS SQL Server/JTDS Driver DB Connectivity

Randy Watler wrote:

>Scott,
>
>The J2 pool appears to be managed by commons dbcp, configured by JNDI
>resources in jetspeed.xml. The OJB is configured to use the JNDI
connection
>source in etc/db-obj/repository_database.xml.
>
>I am not sure if the OJB configuration attempts to pool the connections
>again or not. In etc/db-obj/OJB.properties, it enables a pooled
connection
>manager. In addition, etc/db-obj/repository_database.xml also contains
>connection pool definition, (it even has an unused validationQuery
>attribute).

I don't think OJB tries to pool JNDI datasources.  I am not 100% on that

though.

>I think OJB should be configured to not pool and let the JNDI
connection
>source do it. No need to double pool! Plus, execution of the
validationQuery
>is bad enoough... I do not think it would be efficient to have both
pools
>executing validation queries!

Is OJB doing the validation queries?  If so, I think that feature can be

disabled in OJB.properties.

--
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds
discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *