From: Raphaël Luta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:57 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: J2/Fusion synchronisation and release plan (Was: Re: Struts-
Bridge & Fusion - David/Ate/others- Pls comment)

Scott T Weaver wrote:

I think we should look at consolidating as much info as possible in

spot.

Right now people have to search all over the place (wiki, website,

READMEs,

etc) to piece together any useful info.  Even worse some of our docs are
severely outdated and cause more harm than good :(

I like the format of the Spring and Hibernate documentation pages.

Their

outline view is *MUCH* easier to navigate then the side menu Maven/Xdocs
spits out.  I vote we use them as a template for doing our docs.

For yhat it's worth, I've nearly completed a build of the entire design-docs folder in Jetspeed 2 as a website with Forrest (which handles mny different formats including OpenOffice).

It's currently not online but I can try and publish it before this
week-end. This could be a basis for a comprehensive documentation
without having the hassle of rewriting existing docs in xdoc format.

-- Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Apache Portals - Enterprise Portal in Java http://portals.apache.org/