Scott T Weaver wrote:
All,

I would like to propose moving to the latest (RC3) of Pluto as it addresses
the problem of corrupted multi-byte character sets as described by Shinsuke
in this issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-200.

AFAIK, there is really no official release of RC3 available for download.
However, the SVN HEAD contains the patch that Shinsuke submitted to the
Pluto project.  We have just started testing RC3 locally and so far so good.
We plan on moving this version of Pluto into production sometime next week.
If all of our local testing here goes well, I would like to propose building
a Pluto 1.0.1-RC3 jar and depositing into one of the remote maven repos and
updating our Maven builds appropriately.
I'm +1 for moving to the latest Pluto (after some testing) but I don't like
it to be called RC3 as that will be up to the Pluto team.
If they decide to release a different *official* RC3 sometime later we end up
with a naming conflict.

Maybe we should call it RC2-J2-PATCHED or even just RC2-PATCHED as we have done
before with other dependencies and upload it to bluesunrise/maven only.

p.s.

There is a small change to the HttpBufferedResponse class that was put
together by my co-worker, Eric Broyles, which will need to be applied for
the above fix to work.
Suggest contacting DST to get a new Pluto uploaded to his repository and
commit the changes asap once the vote is decided. I'd like to be able to
test it out a little bit before we go for M2 release this weekend.

Regards,

Ate

p.s.

Will you still be able to help out with the M2 release, and did you find
some time to work on a new installer?